Monday 26 May 2014

The Times, They Need A-Changin'

I've thought about this for a long while now, and I have been spurred on by my sister thinking the same thing about her blog. It's time for a change.


'I could dance with you until the cows comes home. But I'd rather dance with the cows until you come home' - Groucho Marx

This isn't me bragging but I watch many films. I also read quite a bit about films too. What I am trying to say is that the change will be more than just a blog face lift, it will focus more on films, still in my own voice and in my own way - hey maybe even get round to that podcast I dreamed about - but it will be film, with hint of fiction and what I do best, tell strange stories.

I'm using Groucho as a bit of a marker. And for those no so familiar with the Marx Brothers films, oh woe is yours for you are missing out on some of the greatest comedies ever made.

I've got lots of things to catch up on, an afternoon movie post is planned along with more thoughts on minor major characters and of course the May Watch List.

I could blame it all on work (I have been working an awful lot) but part of the blame is Fringe. I know it ended in 2008 but I only ever watched 3 episodes back in 2010? I've caught up rapidly and am already on season 4, thank you Netflix. It was a slow burner but it was worth it. Anyway, I have been consumed by it. This was the same with American Horror Story. I need to finish it and move on. Probably to another series long since dead.

I was also very invested in the book I recently finished, Death and the Penguin by Andrey Kurkov.


Look out for more posts and news on 'the change'.

No comments:

Post a Comment