Thursday 22 August 2013

While We Wait For Wes

YES! It's more 'how much much I love Wes Anderson' posts. I'll be doing this for the Coen Brothers' new film Inside Llewyn Davis, because I am very excited about that too, in fact there was a concert in connection with the film the other day so I'll probably be writing something about that tomorrow.

Back to WES! 

As any Wes Anderson fan knows, while Moonrise Kingdom was still being shown, while it was still being talked about in magazines and such, The Grand Budapest Hotel was coming to life. The film started shooting in March this year and there has been talk that it may be released this year! But my guess only previews and festivals and then a general release early 2014.

There have been photos from the film set which I have nabbed for you all to see, thats if you haven't seen them before. They only feature some of the massive/impressive cast. There is a shot of Edward Norton peaking out from the back so I am content until more photos emerge. 






The story, as far as I know, is about 'a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars and his friendship with a young employee who becomes his trusted protege.'

The plot also focuses on 'the theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting, the battle for an enormous family fortune and the slow and then sudden upheavals that transformed Europe during the first half of the 20th Century.'

Funny thing. My sister and I were planning on going to Budapest this year but we had made the plan last year and things change so we had to postpone until another time maybe.
Can't wait for this film to come out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment