Wednesday 23 September 2015

Autumnal Bliss



I missed Fandom Friday and Fetch Friday. But I couldn't miss out on writing a post about Autumn (the theme for Fandom). Plus, according to Google it is Autumnal Equinox, which is when the Sun appears to cross the celestial equator, heading southward. It is also the time of Virgo, Libra and Scorpio, mainly.

I am bias towards this season as I was born at this time so I feel an affinity towards it, plus I usually dress like its this season anyway. All boots, leggings, jumpers, thick socks and long sleeved shirts. Oh and hats. That's what I enjoyed this Summer, wearing my hats. When it gets colder fancy hats are out and wooly hats are needed.

With Autumn, comes weather changes, Halloween and Fireworks, plus the 3 month lead up to Christmas and Winter. It is also the long lead up to awards season the following year. Films tipped for the awards get released from September onwards. It is also TV pilot season and the times renewed series come back. There are two in particular I am excited for as well as one final series (half) for Haven. Brilliant show but its winding down now and you can feel it. 

Cakes with made, soup will be eaten and of course my favourite, pumpkin latte will be available at Starbucks again. The very orange season is in full swing. So here are the 5 things I'm looking forward to this Autumn:

BFI Film Festival


I won't keep going on about this festival, but the BFI festival is a big deal to me. Its a highight in the film calander and Autumn. Gearing up to a multitude of posts and carefull schedulling, its all worth it.

TV Shows returns

 I've already mentioned Haven. But its the return of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D I want to see, after what felt like years to wait for what happened to Simmons (I don't care about the others, sorry). Agent Carter is also set to return, thank gad, but this won't be until much later. Also, as always the exquiste teasers and trailers for American Horror Story: Hotel, I'm geared up for this too. 


Vegatables


The harvet period is upon us, which means my favourite veg is in season, butternut squash, sweet potato, parsnip and the ever essential pumpkin.

Pumpkin latte


I think a few months ago at work, we were all talking about Autumn and I go over excited talking about pumpkin. It's no exaggeration how much I love pumpkin, but its the Starbucks latte that I'm really looking forward to.

Boots
 I used to wear nothing but my Doc Martens, even in Summer. Then I worse nothing but my Vagabond shoes until they broke. I wore an ASOS knock off until I was told of all the issues and problems with my feet and legs and was forced to wear ugly trainers. But in the colder, wetter, icier months ahead, trainers are out, boots are back in. These DMs would suit the season but my purple boots will be just fine.
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm also glad summer is over. Finally, I won't break into a sweat shortly after walking out of my front door. Hope you have fun at the BFI. And I'm sure wearing NOTHING but your Doc Martens is an interesting look. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would most certainly get some weird look, especially in the colder weather haha. I'm glad Summer is over but Summer over here was only in June and a bit of July, August was just rain, Autumn will be better - I can feel it in my DMs.

    ReplyDelete