Thursday 21 June 2012

Coming to a Cinema Near You . . .

When I say things, I mean films!

I'm sure most are looking forward to The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider Man and Magic Mike that are coming out (in the UK, as far as I know) this month and the next. I am looking forward to Killer Joe and Where Do We Go Now? but there are films coming out  much later this year and possibly next year.

Of course The Hobbit is the film I most excited about so I'll save all that talk and type for a later post.


With the recently released trailer that looks awesome and unfortunately resembles the plot of the highly acclaimed (and I am yet to see) The Raid, I am looking forward to Dredd.

I don't know much about the character, apart from the 1995 film where Sylvester Stallone played Judge Dredd and also the negative reviews that followed it. Originally a character from the comic series 2000AD, where most of the Earth has become uninhabitable and the majority of humanity live in huge cities. There is now no justice system, just uniformed Judges who combine the powers of police, judge, jury and executioner. Which is just what the trailer says.


http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34341

It comes out 7th September (a fantastic birthday present for moi)

The next film on my 'can't wait for' list is difficult to say out loud, Anna Karenina.

This trailer looks beautiful, just like all Joe Wright's films and also like his films, Keira Knightly is in it, this time playing 'AK' herself.

It's a love story, an epic love story. Anna Karenina is married to government official, Count Karenin when she meets, falls in love with and has an affair with Count Vronsky. There is much more to the story when I looked into it, sprawling epic story with love affairs, marriage, family, society, political issues and passion. Trailer is below:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34337

The novel by Leo Tolstoy even has its own parody version published by Quirk Books, Android Karenina.

This beautiful film is also released 7th September. I think I double cinema birthday trip for me.



And of course a sequel Pixar should have made before Cars, before Car 2, they were complete and utter s**t. Monsters Inc on the other hand is awesome and this prequel also looks awesome! Mike and Sully in University, what more could you ask for? And no one say that damn child's name.


http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/disney/monstersuniversity/

Not sure when it comes out in UK but in USA it arrives June 2013.

Of course there many films I can't wait to see:
Lola Verses, Total Recall, Django, The Great Gatsby (can't say enough how excited I am for this film), Gangster Squad, Starry Starry Night, Wreck-It Ralph and Les Misrables

No comments:

Post a Comment