Monday 2 September 2013

Novel Writing: Day 1 - 2

This was meant to be day 1 but I was tired from yesterday so I wrote this today, but I did write 1,051 words yesterday.


I'm not sure if the card is readable but it mentions a blank page and starting something new. Basically I will be, actually I have started writing my new challenge. I will be writing 50,000 words in 30 days. To do this I will need help, so got myself a kit, as apposed to a self help book, they never work. But a kit, it requires you to participate!

The author, Chris Baty is the founder of National Novel Writing Month. Since 1999, the November writing escapade has grown to include 60,000 participants from all over the world. I know the month is November but I wanted to do it now because I am entering a competition in October so I have to get pen to paper quick!


From Chronicle Books website:

'Aspiring novelists don't need an MFA in creative writing, a book agent, an airtight plot, or a winsome cast of characters to get a novel written they don't even need to know what they're doing. All that's needed is a little determination and this high-octane kit to kick motivation into overdrive and inspire users to produce a 50,000-word book in an exhilarating, invigorating month long Noveling Adventure'

Here's to DAY 2!!! Wish me luck! (Yes the photo is backwards)

No comments:

Post a Comment